Friday, February 8, 2013


One thing that has always bothered me was how hard it is for me to stay focused. In my Book of Mormon class, my professor addressed the issue. He strongly believes that your mind wanders for a reason, wither in scripture study, class, prayer or any situation. I have a crazy life and am constantly thinking about everything and anything going on. Whenever I attend the temple, I am not always focused on spiritual aspects of life, I think about what is going on, and what I need to work on, or what I need to do by the end of the day. Brother Griffin must have been prompted to say exactly what I needed to hear. Later that day, I went to the temple, I found myself once again thinking about everything going on, with friends leaving, school work, and all my personal struggles. I knew exactly what I needed to do. With each new thing that appeared into my mind, I pondered it and prayed about it. I asked for help with schoolwork and to feel at peace with everyone leaving. The next thing that came up was a recent mistake I had made. I then began to wonder why on earth would I think of that in such a holy place, especially the Temple! But then it all clicked, right then and there I repented for what I had done, and realized why that even kept on replaying in my head whenever I tried to focus. This morning I woke up, rested, and ready for a day full of productivity and ready to check things off of my to-do list! I love this gospel; God knows each of us, and what we are going through. He sends people into our lives to help us with all our trials and fears. I want to be worthy enough to be able to help others. I am going to everything I can to be able to be prompted, and to act on those promptings so that I will be able to help others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment