Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Helpless with out Him

Last week in Book of Mormon, something really hit me. I have always known it, but after reading and attending class, It hit home that without Christ I can't do anything. Not to say that I am worthless or have no purpose, but I can't save myself and I need Christ in my life. In Helaman 14:13, it says that if we "believe on his name, repent of all your sins, that thereby ye may have a remission of them through his merits." The key here is that it is HIS merits, we do not set our own terms, we do what Christ wants in order to be able to live with our Heavenly Father. We also had a lesson in sunday school that also helped clear this topic up. We talked about mercy and "by his grace we are saved." There is no set mark to where we need to be. There is no point to where we stop trying, or aren't good enough to be saved. As long as we do the best we can, to be the best us, through repentance and following the prophets, Christ will be there at judgment day begging for our salvation. It isn't going to be a checklist, but more of do you deserve to be here. We will not want to be anywhere we will not be comfortable. As long as I do the best I can and keep moving forward, through Christ I will become perfect and I can not do it alone. I love this gospel. With out it I would be so lost and confused. I am thankful for prayer and the opportunity I have to be able to talk to my Heavenly Father when ever I want/need. The church is true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment