Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happiness

Right now in my life, I have to deal with much loss. Not in the sense of death, but "see you laters" for all my missionary friends. It is so hard sometimes when all the guys I know are leaving, and every time I get close to someone, they leave on their mission. It not only is heart breaking, but I am becoming sick of all the tears and headaches. This past week in Book of Mormon, we were in Alma, and specifically covered chapter 50. This fit perfect into my life right now, and was exactly what I needed to hear. In this chapter, it talks about all of the fighting in the well known war chapters. Verse 22 talks specifically about how the Nephites kept the commandments of the Lord, and so they were protected and were not killed. On the other hand the Lamanites did not keep the commandments and therefore suffered much death amongst their people. It goes on to say in verse 23: "there never was a happier time among the people of Nephi." It is hard to think at such a time when there was so much death and sadness around them how they could possibly be so happy. My professor, Brother Griffin told us that Happiness doesn't just happen, it is a choice. This impacted me so much and made me really think about my life. I need to be more positive and chose to be happy! If i just follow the Lord, and keep his commandments, I will be a much happier person, and hopefully the next two years will go by fast, but at least I will be happy! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment