Monday, September 23, 2013

Nothing worth having comes easy :)


This past week in New Testament, we discussed Matthew chapter 4, along with other scripture, but I want to focus on what I learned from Matthew 4. In the beginning of this chapter, it talks about when Christ was tempted by Satan after fasting for 40 days. Christ was tempted to use his priesthood power for food, to throw himself off of a cliff and to use Angels to help him, and offered him kingdoms of the world. Now Christ didn't take any of these offers, but that is besides the point. The point is that with all these temptations it doesn't matter if Christ actually did these events such as eating, but it is because it would be for the wrong reasons. Satan tries to offer us instant satisfactory for a long-term suffering. This principle applies so much in my life and I think especially right now in my life I need to make sure I keep this in mind. Yes, it would be much easier to not do assignments and say I did them, to cheat and not study for exams, but in the long run I wouldn’t be benefited. I am here in college at BYU in order to learn and to gain an education. If I were to take an easy road and cheat my way through school, I would fail miserably when it came to working in the real world. It would be easier and temporarily more enjoyable to not put forth effort, but I wouldn’t gain anything in the long run. Hard work pays off, and it isn’t easy, one of my favorite quotes is “nothing worth having comes easy,” and I truly believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment